- Aug 29th 11th Annual JR Bass Challenge
Sept 19th Club Tournament: Lake Henderson (614 Lake Shore Dr, Inverness, FL 34450)
Oct 31st Club Tournament: Lake Yale @ Marsh Memorial Park (15327 Old Chisholm Trail, Eustis, FL 32726)
Nov 14th Club Tournament: Lake Kerr @ Moorehead Park (20740 NE 140th st. Silver Springs Fl 32134)
Dec 12th Club Tournament: Lake Weir @ Carney Island Park (13275 SE 115th Ave, Ocklawaha Fl 32179)
Jan 23rd Club Tournament: Lake Sante Fe @ Sante Fe Park (24500 FL-26, Melrose, FL 32666)
Feb 27th Club Tournament: Lake Griffin @ Herlong Park (700 North Blvd E, Leesburg, FL 34748)
March 27th Club Tournament: Orange Lake @ Marjorie Rawlins Park (14901-14917 SE 189th Pl, Hawthorne, FL 32640)
April 24th Club Tournament: Panasofkee @ Tracy’s Point (950 Co Rd 437, Lake Panasoffkee, FL 33538)
May 7th & 8th Club Classic: TBA
May 22nd Club Banquet: Ocala Boat Club 3pm-??? (9570 NE 28th Ln, Silver Springs, FL 34488)
June 17th Alumni Tournament: St. John’s Astor (55400 Butler St., Astor, FL 32102)
June 18th Open Event: Bream Buster Tournament @ St. John’s Astor (more details to come!)
July 16th Open Event: Mudfish Tournament
Aug 27th Open Event: 12th Annual Jr Bassmasters Challenge
Must Pre-Register for all tournaments.
*Make sure to follow us on FB Marion county youth bassmasters for weekly live videos and information!
- Teams must obtain their tournament waivers, be registered, and have provided proof of a 2.0GPA to participate.
- Teams will compete in two divisions. Jr Division(6-14yrs old) and a High School Division.
- Launch Order based upon entries received. MUST REGISTER ONLINE!
- Life Jackets must be worn when big motor is in use!!!!
- Only Artificial Baits may be used in tournaments.
- Only one rod may be used at a time. This means only one lure or bait in the water per angler at a time.
- Teams will catch a five fish limit per team. There is not a minimum size limit. Teams can keep any size fish.
- Beginning Jan 2019 Teams must be using non-penetrating cull tags. No culling of dead fish. .25lb penalty per dead fish.
- No fishing with 50 yards of a competing team. No fishing within 50ft of a competing team that is anchored with the trolling motor in the stowed position.
- Weigh in will be at 2:30pm. Each minute a team is late will result in a .25lb penalty. After 15 minutes the team will be disqualified.
- All protest must be presented to the Director after weigh in and before the awards are presented. Only Youth Anglers can protest!!!!
- Jr Boat Captains can net fish for the team, help Jr angers get unhung, help with the rerigging or retying of a lure, run the trolling motor if necessary, assist with culling of fish. (Please use all of the listed moments as coachable moments so that our Jr Anglers can do all of the above listed on their own eventually.)
- Jr Boat Captains may not land or catch fish for Jr anglers!!! They can only net fish.
- High School Boat Captains may coach their high school team only. They are not to net fish, retie, rerig, run the trolling motor, help with a snag or hang-up, or catch fish for the High School team. They are to only coach the team with suggestions. In the event a high school angler is fishing alone the the Boat Captain will be allowed to net fish for the angler. This is only in the event a High School Angler is fishing alone.
- Boat Captains are allowed to fish. Boat Captains of both divisions can opt to fish by paying into a $5 Pot. Boat Captains will be able to weigh in one fish to win the pot. Must be 12 inches or larger. Boat Captains are not allowed to fish until the Jr or High School team boats a keeper. Boat Captains are only allowed to fish off of the back deck and must respect the casting area of the Jr or High School Team they are with. The $5 pot is 100% payback. Boat Captains must also respect the team’s choice to relocate to another area.
- Prizes will be based upon payout of entries received.